10 oz penne pasta
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 6 oz can tuna packed in olive oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil leaves, leaves torn in half or slice thinly
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- A pinch of sugar
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once to a boil, add a generous pinch of salt.
2. Heat a skillet on mediumlow heat. Add oil and garlic, careful not to burn garlic. Add tomatoes, pinch of sugar, and salt & pepper to taste. Cook for 10 minutes. Meanwhile add pasta to boiling water.
3. Once pasta has cooked, drain very well, reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water.
4. After cooking tomatoes for 10 minutes, add the tuna and fresh basil. Cook for 5 minutes. Then add drained pasta, and reserved cooking liquid and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste and enjoy!