This is a quick and easy summer recipe that can be made with beans, pulled pork, or ground beef.
>>To really make this sing, serve with Tomato and Corn Salsa
4 cups lettuce chopped
- 1 cup cooked beans, pulled pork, or ground beef
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn, canned or fresh
- 1 cup tortilla chips, roughly crushed
- 2-3 scallions finely chopped
- Sharp cheddar or queso fresco, for sprinkling
- Optional additions: cucumber, jalapeño bell peppers, grated carrots, olives
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or yogurt
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper
- Mix up the dressing and taste it. Adjust the salt, pepper, and lime to your liking.
- Mix the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over just before serving and toss to coat the salad evenly.
- Eat immediately, maybe with a few extra tortilla chips on the side.