A quick way to spice up those vegetables. Serve as main meal, a side dish, or stuff into some pita bread! Stores great in the refrigerator. Also great for lunch the next day!
- 1 medium squash (green or yellow)
- 1/2 medium eggplant
- 1 small red onion
- 1-15 oz can of chickpeas, drained
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 TB fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 3 TB olive oil, divided
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two sheet pans with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine 2 TB olive oil, oregano, salt, black pepper, and minced garlic.
- Dice squash, onions, and eggplant into 1 inch pieces. Add to bowl and toss to coat. Put vegetables on sheet pans in a single layer.
- Place sheet pans in pre-heated oven, roast for 30 minutes, stir halfway thru.
- Once vegetables are cooked, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss together cooled vegetables, lemon juice, feta cheese, and chickpeas. Serve room temperature or refrigerate for later.