Melons are all over the market this week! This cool and refreshing watermelon salad is a sure easy ‘crowd pleaser’ for your Labor Day weekend cook out or as a great quick side dish for during the week.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: None
- 1/4 large seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 TB balsamic vinegar, to taste
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 TB olive oil
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
Gently toss all ingredients together in a bowl until combined. Serve chilled.
Suggestions: Serve on a bed of fresh arugula. Additional herbs can be added such as fresh mint and/or cilantro in equal parts. Refreshingly delicious with your favorite grilled chicken recipe such as our Barbecue Chicken Kebob recipe.
Sarena C. Glenn – Market Dietitian